In this post I want to share another craft from the recent Book 8, however this craft is also ideal for children’s classes and other study circles.Materials
• Large Craft Sticks (Wooden tongue depressors)
• Glass Gems
• Imitation pearls
• White glue
• Glue Sticks
Print the chosen quotations, on a sheet of paper, make the size and layout to suit the size of tongue depressor you have. You can also write the quotes on with markers.
In this case we used the following for the Book 8 craft:
"The rise and establishment of this Administrative Order - the shell that shields and enshrines so precious a gem - constitutes the hall-mark of this second and formative age of the Bahá'í era.
(Shoghi Effendi, Extracts from the USBN)
For the children’s class we used:
O God! These children are pearls, cause them to be nurtured within the shell of Thy loving-kindness.
(Compilations, Baha'i Prayers, p. 35)
• Select a shell and using the white glue mount on the end of the craft stick.
• Select a gem or pearl and glue inside the shell.
• Decorate with stickers or crayons as desired.
• Using the rubber cement glue a suitable magnet to the back of the completed project.
• Set aside to allow the glue to set.
• If you live near the beach you can collect the shells. Indeed this would be a great outing for your class/study circle.